Product Designer Role
We’re Haystack. Built for techies and hiring managers who are fed up with the age-old recruitment approach, Haystack is a data insights and careers marketplace that uncovers opportunities based on your interests, values and tech stack – we’re ditching dull jobs and taking recruiters out of the equation, no more placement fees or endless scrolling through poorly qualified candidates.
We’re looking for an ambitious Product Designer to take the Haystack brand, product and website to the next level. This is a unique role, sitting in the sweet spot between marketing, product and dev and is perfectly suited to a design generalist who’s keen to get in at ground level with a hugely ambitious tech startup on a mission to disrupt the recruitment space.
We’re a new, well-funded tech company with a clearly defined vision and we are seeking the team to execute it. We are a team of 3 founders who have decades of domain experience and a small team of devs, marketers and sales professionals working towards a common goal. We’re at a very exciting stage of our development as a company and a team, and we are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced, fast-changing, fast-expanding environment.
We want someone who loves Brand Design, UX Design and website building, who can work diligently in a small tech team to live and breathe the Haystack brand, making sure it’s consistent throughout our Marketing efforts and our Product.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2-3 years of experience in internal or agency design roles
- A robust portfolio demonstrating your design point of view
- An obsession with design fundamentals and visual design skills
- An understanding that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. You make well-reasoned design decisions always advocating for the best possible user experience.
- Experience creating wireframes, prototypes and final UI designs
- An understanding of Mobile UX and UI design principles
- Experience building world-class websites using WordPress with a basic understanding of JS, CSS, HTML
- Experience with tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe suite
- Knowledge of iconography design
- Knowledge of logo design
This isn’t for you if:
- You need top-down direction. We operate extremely autonomously so you’ll be expected to determine the highest impact areas to work on, collaborating with the marketing and product teams to ensure there’s alignment.
Working characteristics we’re looking for:
- Responsive to feedback
- Responds well to criticism
- Works well in a team
- Likes a startup environment
- Keenness to learn and develop new skills
- If you are looking for an exciting opportunity, the chance for quick growth and a level up in responsibility we want to hear from you.
A bit about our culture
Our office culture is relaxed but enthusiastic; informal but methodical; anti-corporate but driven. We are at the beginning of our journey and have the freedom to build the type of company we want ourselves to be. So in addition to our technical requirements, we are looking for someone to freely contribute their own flavour and personality to our new culture and the internal dynamic of our team.
You will be supported on a daily basis by our marketing and product team. However, this role comes with responsibility and the need for a level of self-sufficiency while working. It will encompass every stage of brand and product development from marketing collateral to website building to UX design. It will be a great opportunity to work on the complete development of a project and you will be very much a part of driving the brand and product development, and central to its success.