You’re an expert in machine learning with experience in designing and developing machine learning and deep learning systems.
We’re a new, recently funded tech company with a clearly defined vision and we are seeking an outstanding team to execute it. We are a team of three co-founders, two rock star developers, a data acquisition engineer, a technical investor and a non-technical advisor with decades of domain experience. We’re at a very exciting stage of our development as a company and a team, and we are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced, fast-changing, fast-expanding environment.
We want someone who loves discovering new ways to make smarter decisions to help us deliver an even better product, and who has the enthusiasm and self-sufficiency to get their teeth into a new project and build it from scratch. Our ideal is someone with solid experience of machine learning or artificial intelligence and who is willing to take the lead on all phases of constructing algorithms, modelling on training, validation and test data sets and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
The role is highly autonomous and as the company is a data insights specialist you will be working in the engine room of the business and working in a growing team.
About the project
We are building a product which will be of specific interest to techies and those working in tech. The platform will build detailed technology profiles on companies, documenting their methods and giving techies an invaluable source of finding the most interesting tech insights and informing their career choices. As the product develops and scales, so should our matching algorithm informed by machine learning and artificial intelligence.
The technical stuff
- Deep knowledge of maths, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Understand business objectives and develop models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Design machine learning systems
- Research and implement appropriate machine learning algorithms and tools
- Analysing the machine learning algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability
- Exploring and visualising data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world
- Proficiency in deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Keras and libraries like sci-kit learn and pandas
- Ability to write code in Python, Java and R
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field
Working characteristics we’re looking for:
- Responsive to feedback
- Responds well to criticism
- Works well in a team
- Likes a start-up environment
- Adapts quickly to procedural and technical changes
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Hard working
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity, the chance for quick growth and responsibility from day one we want to hear from you.