You’re an expert data scientist with experience in researching and developing statistical learning models for data analysis.
We’re a new, recently funded tech company with a clearly defined vision and we are seeking an outstanding team to execute it. We are a team of three co-founders, two rock star developers, a data acquisition engineer, a technical investor and a non-technical advisor with decades of domain experience. We’re at a very exciting stage of our development as a company and a team, and we are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced, fast-changing, fast-expanding environment.
We want someone who can discover information hidden in vast amounts of data who loves data structures, data modelling and analysis, and who has the enthusiasm and self-sufficiency to get their teeth into a new project and build it from scratch. Our ideal is someone who is willing to take the lead in intelligent data analysis and work closely with our founders and developers to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making.
The role is highly autonomous and as the company is a data insights specialist you will be working in the engine room of the business and working in a growing team.
About the project
We are building a product which will be of specific interest to techies and those working in tech. The platform will build detailed technology profiles on companies, documenting their methods and giving techies an invaluable source of finding the most interesting tech insights and informing their career choices. As the product develops and scales, so should our matching algorithm informed by the data, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
The technical stuff
- Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Selecting features, building and optimising classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB
- Excellent applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Maths or related field
Working characteristics we’re looking for:
- Responsive to feedback
- Responds well to criticism
- Works well in a team
- Likes a start-up environment
- Adapts quickly to procedural and technical changes
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Hard working
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity, the chance for quick growth and responsibility from day one we want to hear from you.